Re: dist-upgrade installs new package, lists it as autoremove candidate

I would tell you a my tip:

- if you want go from stable to testing/unstable before you must
change your channel in repository's file located in
/etc/apt/sources.list.

- after this edit, these are the right sequence of command by terminal:

# apt-get update
# apt-get upgrade
# apt-get install apt dpkg aptitude
# aptitude safe-upgrade
# aptitude full-upgrade
# update-grub

In this way you shoudn't have some problems of conflicts or packages
removed in strange way.

I hope to give my little contribution, I don't know how functional as it can be.

Bye.