Re: Media changed: please insert the disk labeled 'Debian GNU/Linux 7.4.0 _Wheezy_

On Wed 23 Apr 2014 at 09:46:52 -0400, Theodore Alcapotaxis wrote:

> P.S.: If you are one of the developers/maintainers, it would be good if you could help us (users) out.

I am not a developer or a maintainer; the only thing I am intent on is
to maintain my sanity.

You will have to submit any bug report yourself. Whether it is ever
fixed in Wheezy is doubtful. But you now have two ways to make progress
with what you want to do. '--no-auto-detect' appears to be the key but
when the manual says

   It is necessary to use apt-cdrom to add CDs to the APT system; it
   cannot be done by hand.

we can question the "cannot be done by hand" assertion.