Re: Media changed: please insert the disk labeled 'Debian GNU/Linux 7.4.0 _Wheezy_

Theodore Alcapotaxis wrote:
There is nothing for you to do; you have achieved your objective and updated your sources.list. The bug appears to be fixed in Jessie.

OMG, far from it, I have yet to achieve my objective, which is to install essential packages such as xorg, gnome-core or gnome-full off the USB flash/thumb drive without the need to access the internet. Certainly, I did learn something useful from you, such as apt-cdrom, dmesg and the mount point of a USB stick.
[*SNIP*]

I'm working towards a similar goal. My restrictions include:
1. not only minimal internet , but absolutely *NO* networking at all 2. not only installing a few specified packages, but allow installing
     *any* package from the distro
  3. automating the install with an appropriate preseed.cfg

My project allows using a 64 GB flash drive.

See my thread titled "Copying complete SET of installation DVDs to a USB stick" beginning at [🔎] 53494721.3090708@cloud85.net">https://lists.debian.org/[🔎] 53494721.3090708@cloud85.net for what I've accomplished so far and hints as to how some problems will be addressed.

HTH