Re: 'no-fixes' in stable

HI there

wobbly-hs wrote:

hp1320n laser

hplip connection to:
HP LaserJet 1320 series Postscript (recommended) postscript driver

But shock / amazement!..
hpijs does work - I thought I'd tried it already but maybe I'd copied the
ppd or something, this time a clean ppd seems to work (but only runs at 600 dpi
rather than 1200)

I had lots of problems with my HP Laserjet P2015DN.
There were loads of PPDs on the web. Some would do 300 dpi, some 600. Only one did 1200x1200. Over the years this PPD kept disappearing and reappearing. But It did work!

Upgrading from Debian Squeeze to Wheezy made printing very slow; gs run at 100% CPU for several minutes before printing! Now I'm using the Windows PPD from the installation CD. Works fine at 1200x1200. You may need to do a bit of digging to get at it. Like use cabextract or dos2unix.
Or get the PPD from a distro that does work.

For text printing I use paps' instead of cups' texttops. It will even print hieroglyphs and needs no configuration.

Foomatic/pxlmono works better quality but very slowly

Previously (debian 6) I was using the postscript driver OK.

thanks for your advice.

Regards,
Rob