Re: Heartbleed (was ... Re: My fellow (Debian) Linux users ...)

I give you an example of medical identity theft. At least how it can happen stateside. You are say a senior or someone with a print disability in a doctor's office. You must get help completing the forms, and the first question you must provide is...? your social security umber. Add that you may also be providing this person private insurance numbers and the like. A person need only write down our identification and have a field day. Given how challenging it is to correct damage done on your credit file, see the informative story on the 60 minutes website about this, a person may never get cleared. the thief on the other hand is getting credit cards and cell phones and medial things with your information. because the victim may not be able to investigate with ease, they might not even know their identity has been compromised.
make sense?
Kare