Re: Details behind a GRUB2 warning message?

On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 9:59 AM, Richard Owlett <rowlett@cloud85.net> wrote:

> Thank you. My individual use case appears to be adequately safe, perhaps
> more due to good luck than good management. However a couple of side
> comments plus something I read somewhere hints at a more elegant solution.
> Will have to some experiments.

Let's assume that you have two Linux installations on sda, on sda1 and
sda2, and that grub is embedded in the mbr of sda for sda1 and in the
pbr/vbr of sda2 for sda2.

If it's sda1's grub to which the bios hands over the boot process,
you'll be booting the installation on sda2 with one of these three,
"linux (hd0,msdos2)/boot/vmlinuz...", "configfile
(hd0,msdos2)/boot/grub/grub.cfg", "multiboot
(hd0,msdos2)/boot/grub/i386-pc/core.img", and none of them can be
affected by the block list issue.