Re: Details behind a GRUB2 warning message?

Brian wrote:
On Thu 03 Apr 2014 at 14:32:26 -0500, Richard Owlett wrote:

I posted this to help-grub@gnu.org a week ago and got no response.
Specifically I'm using GRUB 1.98 as installed by Squeeze.

"
I wish to install GRUB2 in a way that is actively discouraged.
I wish to install it in a dedicated partition.
The pages on "HOWTO" reference warning message that will result and
a TOO BRIEF description of why the message - a possible problem with
blocklists.

Can someone point me to a detailed description?
"

A search of the GRUB lists would probably bring in something which
could be moulded into a detailed description. is this link enough to
be going on with for now?

   https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/grub-devel/2013-02/msg00032.html

Thank you. My individual use case appears to be adequately safe, perhaps more due to good luck than good management. However a couple of side comments plus something I read somewhere hints at a more elegant solution. Will have to some experiments.

In the meantime I've experienced no problems.
Does that mean the message is actually moot?

No. It just means you have not yet met a problem.