Details behind a GRUB2 warning message?

I posted this to help-grub@gnu.org a week ago and got no response.
Specifically I'm using GRUB 1.98 as installed by Squeeze.

"
I wish to install GRUB2 in a way that is actively discouraged.
I wish to install it in a dedicated partition.
The pages on "HOWTO" reference warning message that will result and a TOO BRIEF description of why the message - a possible problem with blocklists.

Can someone point me to a detailed description?
"

In the meantime I've experienced no problems.
Does that mean the message is actually moot?
Or am I just paranoid enough not to have triggered a failure?