Re: unable to renew ip

> On 8 Mar, 2014, at 12:13 am, Dan Purgert <dan@djph.net> wrote:
>
>> On 07/03/2014 09:49, lina wrote:
>>> On Friday 07,March,2014 10:35 PM, Dan Purgert wrote:
>>> [...]
>>
>> Something really weird, my icedove, 6 hours ago popped up an email which
>> was 2 months ago as unread, couple of mins ago, it also popped up
>> another email as unread also from that thread, the same person with
>> yahoo address.
>
> If it's email (e.g. from someone@yahoo.com to you@uni.edu), then it
> could be that your email server lost it, or had it accidentally
> replicated because they had to restore something unrelated from a backup.

I received that two emails last month. It is more like re-sent. I sent an SMS to her to check whether she was aware of it. The school use the Microsoft office 365. Seems.

> Alternatively, it could be the other person's mail client (TB, Outlook,
> whatever) was finally able to send the message.  If you're familiar with
> reading mail headers, you can dig up the date that the thing was
> actually transmitted.
>
>> I asked my another colleague and was suggested to do the virus check.
>> right now I am checking which package can be used to scan the virus.
> You can try ClamAV.  I think it's part of the main Debian repos.

Thanks. Tonight I also notice my apache2 is running, which I once specifically set it NOT to start during reboot. And I didn't notice it was running until tonight and I don't think it was running until tonight. One of our server was hacked months ago with root password being compromised. We didn't realize it until one day the IT service center blocked it due to heavy network load. I feel annoyed by myself cause of lacking knowledge about what's going on.
I will try ClamAV and your other suggestions tomorrow. Thanks with best regards, lina