Re: unable to renew ip

On Friday 07,March,2014 10:35 PM, Dan Purgert wrote:
> You're still on a (largeish, based on the Class-B network range) network
> -- you at a university?

Yes.

> Just because _you_ aren't the one using those services doesn't mean that
> someone else is not, and subsequently messing up your throughput.

Right now my network chocked there, after I switch the MAC and get a new
IP, it works again.

Something really weird, my icedove, 6 hours ago popped up an email which
was 2 months ago as unread, couple of mins ago, it also popped up
another email as unread also from that thread, the same person with
yahoo address.

I asked my another colleague and was suggested to do the virus check.
right now I am checking which package can be used to scan the virus.

> You can check how fast your connection is by running the command
> "ethtool eth0 | grep Speed" (sans quotes).  This will tell you the link
> speed between you and the next hop (switch or router).  Most networks
> should show 100Mb/s, though you could possibly also see 10 or 1000,
> depending on

# ethtool eth0 | grep Speed
	Speed: 100Mb/s

> A. your PC's eth0 interface (10/100 or 10/100/1000)
> B. The router/switch you're connected to (10/100 or 10/100/1000)
> C. Physical layer problems (e.g. a bad connection, forcing 10Mb/s
>    no matter what the capabilities are)
> D. Rules set by your network admin the switch (e.g. hard limited to
>    10Mb/s, no matter device capabilities)

>> > Actually my wireless works well since it was allocated different ip at
>> > that time.
>>> >>

>> > Thanks,
>> >

> "WAN" means "Wide Area Network".  It's not your Wireless (WLAN)

I know very little about network, thanks, Please kindly notice that my
laptop has been surviving well in the past few years. Just recent couple
of days a bit weird.