Re: unable to renew ip

> Your IP address should have no effect on your connection speed (i.e.
> getting a new one won't help you any).  You have to find out what's
> causing your connection's throughput to be slow.

After changing IP, I don't need to wait a hellish time to open a webpage.

At first I even suspected it's due to the updating of the gnutls, but
later I realized this low-speed happened 8 hrs later after updating.

> Some possibilities:
>
> (LAN)
>  - Other things using the network (torrents, youtube, VoIP, etc)
>  - QoS limiting what you're trying to do (torrents, youtube) in favor
>    of something else (VoIP)
>  - Router can't cope with the above
>  - you've been hard-limited (on the router) to 10 mbit (or 100 mbit),
>    and you were on gbit.

I don't use torrents, VoIP. I don't think I have some hard-limit.

> (WAN)
>  - ISP has over-sold the loop (generally cable)
>  - ISP has over-sold the backhaul (DSL, fiber)
>  - ISP fscked up your modem's provisioning, and you're on (e.g.) 10/1
>    when you should be on 50/5 (etc.)

Actually my wireless works well since it was allocated different ip at
that time.

Thanks,