Re: USB WiFi adapter doesn't work with Wheezy (but does work with Ubuntu)

On 14-02-27 03:13 PM, Klaus wrote:
On 27/02/14 16:53, dclinton wrote:

I copied that file over to my Debian machine

Error: could not insert module rt5572sta.ko: Invalid module format

As you found by trial and error, you can't just copy kernel modules between kernel versions. As you also found out, your Debian installation on the Intel Galileo board (did I guess this right?)
Bang on. Galileo is an amazing little platform that does *nearly* everything we need. :)
runs a kernel version that has no support for the Ralink chip in your wifi dongle. As I can see it (but I'm by a long way no kernel expert), you've got few options:

-- upgrade to a newer kernel (probably 3.12 or newer). Is there anything available for your board?
No. 3.12 is the latest (and, I believe, only) Yocto image available.
I'm still digging, but no ringing bells yet.
Thanks!