Re: integrating Debian into a windows 2003 domain

On 01/03/14 01:47, berenger.morel@neutralite.org wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I am trying to integrate my computer into the domain at work. Until know
> I did not really tried, but I tried to search around the web for more
> than 20m and only found documents which were at least 4 years old, and
> so, using tools that were no longer present...
>
> So, do someone have some pointer to a document explaining how to
> integrate a modern debian ( with samba 4.x ) into a windows 2003 server
> ( yes, I know that this windows version is almost not maintained, and
> ... but i do not mind, it's not my enterprise, and I'm not a sysadmin :) ).
>
> I would like to at least be able to access shared directories and
> printers... not really urgent, but might be useful sooner or later.

AD?  I'm guessing you didn't apply the "in the last year" filter to your
search query ;)

http://www.digitalllama.net/2013/05/join-debian-wheezy-to-windows-active.html
http://jurjenbokma.com/ApprenticesNotes/joining_the_domain.html

https://www.google.com/search?q=debian+joining+a+windows+domain&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:unofficial&client=iceweasel-a&channel=sb#channel=sb&q=debian+joining+%2B2003+domain&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:unofficial&tbs=qdr:y

Kind regards