Re: FW: [CTTE #727708] Default init system for Debian

[James, please don top post on this mailing list.]

On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 11:48:37AM +0000, James Allsopp wrote:
> Is there a document that summarises what developers thought the pros and
> cons of each were? I've read LP's comments on systemd, but that hardly
> falls into the balanced camp.

A quick google search produces these:
https://wiki.debian.org/Debate/initsystem/systemd
https://wiki.debian.org/systemd
https://wiki.debian.org/Debate/initsystem/upstart
https://wiki.debian.org/ReleaseGoals/systemd
https://wiki.debian.org/Debate/initsystem/openrc
etc. etc. etc.

Also browse the debian-devel mailing list archives for an exhaustive
"discussion" on the issues.

oppressing." --- Malcolm X