Re: FW: [CTTE #727708] Default init system for Debian

On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 11:55:17PM +0000, Brian wrote:
> On Tue 11 Feb 2014 at 23:45:45 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 2014-02-12 at 00:24 +0200, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> > > Let the flames begin...
> >
> > I'm aware that it isn't off-topic, anyway, I strongly recommend to
> > discuss systemd at
> > http://lists.alioth.debian.org/mailman/listinfo/d-community-offtopic .
>
> On- or off-topic the invitation issued appears to be a blatent attempt
> to disrupt the normal business of this mailing list. I am surprised and
> dismayed considering the source it purported to come from.

I didn't read it as an invitation, but as a statement/observation.
(Have you read some of the language in that bug report? Atrocious! :) )

I tried systemd - booted really fast, but it didn't honor any console
font settings I had. I groaned and reverted back realising, after seeing
quite a bit of discussion, that there was another setup to learn! In
this case the learning would be mandatory if I wanted to get my console
back the way I had it!

I expect that helping people configure and use systemd will become part
of the normal business of this mailing list.

oppressing." --- Malcolm X