Re: FW: [CTTE #727708] Default init system for Debian

Hi,
After reading through all the pros and cons, it seems that there isn't a good replacement at all, so it would be better to wait. Admittedly I use OpenRC on my gentoo machine and it's fine. Systemd seems to violate too many Unix principles and Upstart has problems with the canonical copyright licence issues. I'd hate to see Linux get pulled apart between Red Hat and Canonical, so it's important that Debian doesn't act precipitously.
James

On 12 February 2014 08:06, Tom H <tomh0665@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 12:12 AM, Chris Bannister
<cbannister@slingshot.co.nz> wrote:

> I tried systemd - booted really fast, but it didn't honor any console
> font settings I had. I groaned and reverted back realising, after seeing
> quite a bit of discussion, that there was another setup to learn! In
> this case the learning would be mandatory if I wanted to get my console
> back the way I had it!
>
> I expect that helping people configure and use systemd will become part
> of the normal business of this mailing list.

I would've expected systemd to respect Debian's native console setup
(and this might be worthy of a bug report).

systemd uses "/etc/vconsole.conf".