Re: FW: [CTTE #727708] Default init system for Debian

On Tue 11 Feb 2014 at 23:45:45 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> On Wed, 2014-02-12 at 00:24 +0200, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> > Let the flames begin...
>
> I'm aware that it isn't off-topic, anyway, I strongly recommend to
> discuss systemd at
> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/mailman/listinfo/d-community-offtopic .

On- or off-topic the invitation issued appears to be a blatent attempt
to disrupt the normal business of this mailing list. I am surprised and
dismayed considering the source it purported to come from.

> Once a pros and cons systemd discussion develops its own dynamics and
> this most certainly will happen, the list will be spammed by hundreds of
> useless mails. Furthermore, wouldn't it be easier to link to the many
> flames about systemd, that are already available by mailing list
> archives?

I agree ; if the past is anything to go by your prediction could turn
out to be correct. However, people are generally sensible so, after
absorbing Don Armstrong's post and reading all the discussion in bug
#727708, they may resist the temptation to contribute to the flamage.

> The pros and cons today are still the same as they were a long time ago.

It would be astounding if any responses had anything novel or gripping
to say on the subject.