Re: grub efi does not find windows

On 29/01/14 08:29, berenger.morel@neutralite.org wrote:

Is os-prober installed?

It is, but does not seems to be able to detect windows. And since this
tool does have no manpage, I have no idea about how to have any
information about why.

dpkg -L os-prober shows a file  /usr/share/doc/os-prober/README

There it says you can run os-prober on the command line to see what it finds, in my case (single boot) it yields
$ sudo os-prober
/dev/sda3:Debian GNU/Linux (7.0):Debian:linux

Also, in /etc/default/grub you can set the variable
GRUB_DISABLE_OS_PROBER. If this was set to TRUE, no os-probing will be done while working with update-grub.

--
Klaus