Re: PXE install, without internet?

On 28/01/14 10:51, Scott Ferguson wrote:
On 28/01/14 21:02, Klaus wrote:
Disclaimer: I'm using the older "apt-cacher" instead of "apt-cacher-ng"
and there are subtle differences in syntax.

I no longer use apt-cacher, but I don't recall any differences in how
they process proxy directives in apt.conf or snippets in apt.conf.d/

It's been too long since I set up my apt-cacher, (and I haven't got access to my old notes right now) but I need something like

Acquire::http::Proxy "http://server-ip:3142/apt-cacher/";;

in my 02proxy config file. That's the only reason I noticed this little hint at the very end of <http://www.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/~bloch/acng/html/config-servquick.html#config-servquick>

"Additionally, leading path component containing "apt-cacher/" or
"apt-cacher?/" might be ignored by the server during the URL processing.
This is intended behavior and exists to maintain backwards compatibility
to sources.list entries configured for early versions of Apt-Cacher
(based on CGI technology)."

--
Klaus