Re: PXE install, without internet?

On 28/01/14 14:54, Anubhav Yadav wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 4:02 PM, Klaus <klaus.doering999@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Didn't we have a recent thread about this? I seem to remember that there
>> might be a bug in the current installer, and you have to escape the
>> installer process at that point. Then, enter a shell and edit the file
>> /etc/apt.conf.d/proxy (this is now on the to-be-installed machine) to point
>> to your apt-cacher. Exit shell, back to the installer, and live happily ever
>> after :-)
>
> I exited to shell and created the directory apt.conf.d in /etc and put
> the following lines in it.
> #nano /etc/apt.conf.d/proxy
>
> Acquire::http { Proxy "http://CacheServerIp:3142";; };
>
> Still doesn't seem to work.
It can't work as the snippet name is in the wrong format

The correct snippet name is /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/NNproxy
where NN is a number e.g.:-
/etc/apt/apt.conf.d/90proxy

Make sure you use the ip address not the server name

You can just preseed the creation of 90proxy, but it's kind of redundant
as you can preseed the proxy.

> Regards,
> Anubhav Yadav
> Imperial College of Engineering and Research,
> Pune.

I have no problems with either method and apt-cacher-ng

Kind regards