Re: PXE install, without internet?

On 28/01/14 21:02, Klaus wrote:
> On 28/01/14 05:48, Scott Ferguson wrote:
>> On 28/01/14 14:54, Anubhav Yadav wrote:

<snipped>

> Note the trailing slash, so it would be
> Acquire::http::Proxy "http://CacheServerIp:3142/";;

1++

>> It can't work as the snippet name is in the wrong format
>>
>> The correct snippet name is /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/NNproxy
>> where NN is a number e.g.:-
>> /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/90proxy
>
> Scott, could you explain that a little more?

Yes, if you 'really' want - but it'd be pointless.
Because I was wrong.
:)

> In "man apt.conf" there is
> no mentioning of numbers; they would only help with making the
> "alphanumeric ascending order" more visible:

<snipped>

>         2. all files in Dir::Etc::Parts in alphanumeric ascending order
> which
>            have either no or "conf" as filename extension and which only
>            contain alphanumeric, hyphen (-), underscore (_) and period (.)
>            characters.

I hadn't paid attention to that section before (thanks for the pointer).
So it seems that /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/proxy should work fine for the OP's
purposes (it's my understanding that package maintainers should use a
2-digit prefix though).
Unless there's another file (/etc/apt/apt.conf or
/etc/apt/apt.conf.d/loweraphanumericIndex), but I can't imagine how that
would happen.. the OP said he created the snippet (fragment?) before the
d-i proxy question, but if the answer was no /etc/apt/apt.d/90proxy
shouldn't be created.

> ---
>
> Disclaimer: I'm using the older "apt-cacher" instead of "apt-cacher-ng"
> and there are subtle differences in syntax.

I no longer use apt-cacher, but I don't recall any differences in how
they process proxy directives in apt.conf or snippets in apt.conf.d/

>From memory apt.conf seems to take precedence over apt.conf.d directives

Kind regards