Re: PXE install, without internet?

On 28/01/14 05:48, Scott Ferguson wrote:
On 28/01/14 14:54, Anubhav Yadav wrote:

I exited to shell and created the directory apt.conf.d in /etc and put
the following lines in it.
#nano /etc/apt.conf.d/proxy

Acquire::http { Proxy "http://CacheServerIp:3142";; };

Still doesn't seem to work.

From "man apt.conf"

THE ACQUIRE GROUP
       http
http::Proxy sets the default proxy to use for HTTP URIs. It is in
           the standard form of http://[[user][:pass]@]host[:port]/

Note the trailing slash, so it would be
Acquire::http::Proxy "http://CacheServerIp:3142/";;

It can't work as the snippet name is in the wrong format

The correct snippet name is /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/NNproxy
where NN is a number e.g.:-
/etc/apt/apt.conf.d/90proxy

Scott, could you explain that a little more? In "man apt.conf" there is no mentioning of numbers; they would only help with making the "alphanumeric ascending order" more visible:

When an APT tool starts up it will read the configuration files in the
       following order:

1. the file specified by the APT_CONFIG environment variable (if any)

2. all files in Dir::Etc::Parts in alphanumeric ascending order which
           have either no or "conf" as filename extension and which only
           contain alphanumeric, hyphen (-), underscore (_) and period (.)
           characters.

---

Disclaimer: I'm using the older "apt-cacher" instead of "apt-cacher-ng" and there are subtle differences in syntax.

--
Klaus