RE: Including git commands in preseed

> What does that mean to you? Do you mean when you log into the system
> at the login prompt? That is confusingly written but that is how I
> translate it when I read it. If so then that is NOT what late_command
> does. It will NEVER do what you are asking because that is not what
> late_command does.

Igor explained it better than I could. Coming from Windows I was thinking "autorun" as the script writing "Hello World" on the screen when I log in as user.

> use the preseed to add a script during installation which will then run upon users login when > the freshly installed system reboots.

I have been using Hello World script to reduce problems that might arise from using a complex script but later I would like to use this setup for autologin.

#!/bin/bash
sed -i '54d' /etc/inittab
echo "1:2345:respawn:/bin/login -f user tty1 </dev/tty1 >/dev/tty1 2>&1" >> /etc/inittab