RE: Including git commands in preseed

I have included git install in the preseed (d-i pkgsel/include string git). After I log on, running "git" offers a list of available git commands (bisect, branch,.....tag) so the installation that way is successful.

I was able to find the solution (for now).

The problem was that the directory was not set correctly. /usr/ won't work but /home/user will.

Command:
d-i preseed/late_command string in-target git clone https://github.com/project /home/user/folder

for cd /folder I will probably have to use script (cd folder) and start it with source ./scriptnamew. Just sh ./ doesn't work for changing directories.

I agree that script would be easier overall, it's just I am a bit shaky on how to start.

Let me check if I understood your syntax correctly.

"wget -O/target/var/tmp/bootstrap"
This creates a file called bootstrap in the selected directory?

"http://despair.proulx.com/medley/medley-bootstrap;"
Location from where wget should fetch the script?

"in-target sh /var/tmp/bootstrap"
No idea what this does. Auto start?