RE: Including git commands in preseed

Thanks for the detailed answer Bob. I tried different things gathered from the Internet, even copying your exact command, but to no avail.

"d-i preseed/late_command string wget -O/target/var/tmp/bootstrap http://file; in-target sh /var/tmp/bootstrap"
Error 127. I believe the problem is that wget needs in-target, as in "wget in -target -O". I'm doing this on Jessie.

"d-i preseed/late_command string in-target wget -O /var/tmp/bootstrap http://file; in-target sh /var/tmp/bootstrap"
Stops (hangs, freezes, does not continue) at 16% during the preseed part of the installation (script is 1kb and I left the install process running at 16% for an hour).

"d-i preseed/late_command string in-target wget -O /var/tmp/bootstrap http://file;"
Downloads the file but does not start it automatically (logical regarding the command).

"d-i preseed/late_command string in-target wget -O /var/tmp/bootstrap http://file; sh /var/tmp/bootstrap;"
Works if I write it in terminal (wget part, after installation of course) but as part of the preseed, it says "failed with exit code 2". Logical since "in-target" is missing

"d-i preseed/late_command string in-target wget -O etc/postInstall.sh http://file;chmod 700 /target/etc/postInstall.sh"
Downloads the file but does not start it automatically.

"d-i preseed/late_command string in-target wget -O root/script.sh https://raw.github.com/drgdel/test/master/test; chmod 700 /target/root/script.sh; in-target sh /root/script.sh"
Stops (hangs, freezes, does not continue) at 16% during the preseed part of the installation (script is 1kb and I left the install process running at 16% for an hour).

"d-i preseed/late_command string wget -O /target/root/late_command.sh  https://raw.github.com/drgdel/test/master/test; \
in-target chmod 755 /root/late_command.sh; in-target /root/late_command.sh"
Error 127.

I'm open any new suggestions that would enable me to wget the script and then make it run automatically as I login.