Re: update flash

On Wed, 15 Jan 2014, Bob Proulx wrote:

> Jarth Berilcosm wrote:
> > If you have flash-player non-free installed make sure to run
> >  update-flashplugin-nonfree --install
> >  update-flashplugin-nonfree --status
> > http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/58396 documents what's up with an
> > old exploit used in new scenario's.
>
> Good advice.  On Jessie and later I have this:
>
>   cat /etc/cron.daily/adobe-flashplugin-local
>   #!/bin/sh
>   update-flashplugin-nonfree --quiet --install
>
> If your version produces "already exists: /..." lines then you need a
> newer version of the flashplugin-nonfree package for use with --quiet.
>
> Bob

Query:  Wouldn't apt-get update and upgrade do the same
thing, if there were a new security update?  And if you have
the nonfree repo enabled, of course.

FWIW:  Adobe says that 11.2.202 is the last and final Linux version of
Flash.  Although, they will continue backported security updates.
Windows/OSX version is up to 12.something-or-other, IIRC. And I'm
beginning to run across sites that won't play Flash videos unless you
have Flash 11.8 or higher. What to do?