Re: Wheezy/Xfce Gnome keyring problem

 Hi.

On Tue, 31 Dec 2013 09:11:26 -0700
Paul E Condon <pecondon@mesanetworks.net> wrote:

> > Ok, now it is starting to get interesting. gnome-keyring by itself is a
> > process which should store user credentials. gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so is
> > a library that (judging by name) is called by PolicyKit and is linked
> > to a gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so.
> >
> > About the only reason that justifies storing user credentials if one
> > prints with CUPS is that unlikely case that one configures CUPS instead
> > of it. So, the message is harmless, and can be ignored.
> >
> > Still, something is calling gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so, and that leaves us
> > libgnome-keyring0.
> >
> > Can you post the output of 'aptitude why libgnome-keyring0' please?
> >
> > Reco
>
> root@big:~# aptitude why libgnome-keyring0
> i   gnome-disk-utility Depends libgnome-keyring0 (>= 2.22)
>
> I think I use disk-utility when formatting new disks to extN from
> Windows whatever. Does this indicate that I must choose between
> removing garbage warning messages and having a GUI disk utility
> pre-installed for occasional use?
> I hope not.

Well, in be it another utility, I'd suggest you to rebuild it without
libgnome-keyring dependency. But - since this is GNOME-disk-utility, I
doubt such rebuild will be possible.

I never understood the need of GUI for formatting (mkfs is all I ever
need for this), so I cannot suggest you the replacement, sadly.

As an experiment, please remove libgnome-keyring0 (should take out
gnome-disk-utility as well), try to print something.

To revert the change, invoke 'apt-get install gnome-disk-utility'.

Reco