Re: Wheezy/Xfce Gnome keyring problem

On Mon, 30 Dec 2013 16:41:17 -0700
Paul E Condon <pecondon@mesanetworks.net> wrote:

> > Can you post the output of 'aptitude why p11-kit' please?
> >
> > Reco
> In answer to your question:
> root@big:/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu# aptitude why p11-kit
> Unable to find a reason to install p11-kit.
>
> But also, according to aptitude, p11-kit is in status 'p',
> i.e. not installed at all. So what is generating the message????
> This seems to be an important clue, and I have no idea what
> to do because of it.

Ok, now it is starting to get interesting. gnome-keyring by itself is a
process which should store user credentials. gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so is
a library that (judging by name) is called by PolicyKit and is linked
to a gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so.

About the only reason that justifies storing user credentials if one
prints with CUPS is that unlikely case that one configures CUPS instead
of it. So, the message is harmless, and can be ignored.

Still, something is calling gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so, and that leaves us
libgnome-keyring0.

Can you post the output of 'aptitude why libgnome-keyring0' please?

Reco