Re: Wheezy/Xfce Gnome keyring problem

On 20131231_100040, Reco wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Dec 2013 16:41:17 -0700
> Paul E Condon <pecondon@mesanetworks.net> wrote:
>
> > > Can you post the output of 'aptitude why p11-kit' please?
> > >
> > > Reco
> > In answer to your question:
> > root@big:/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu# aptitude why p11-kit
> > Unable to find a reason to install p11-kit.
> >
> > But also, according to aptitude, p11-kit is in status 'p',
> > i.e. not installed at all. So what is generating the message????
> > This seems to be an important clue, and I have no idea what
> > to do because of it.
>
> Ok, now it is starting to get interesting. gnome-keyring by itself is a
> process which should store user credentials. gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so is
> a library that (judging by name) is called by PolicyKit and is linked
> to a gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so.
>
> About the only reason that justifies storing user credentials if one
> prints with CUPS is that unlikely case that one configures CUPS instead
> of it. So, the message is harmless, and can be ignored.
>
> Still, something is calling gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so, and that leaves us
> libgnome-keyring0.
>
> Can you post the output of 'aptitude why libgnome-keyring0' please?
>
> Reco

root@big:~# aptitude why libgnome-keyring0
i   gnome-disk-utility Depends libgnome-keyring0 (>= 2.22)

I think I use disk-utility when formatting new disks to extN from
Windows whatever. Does this indicate that I must choose between
removing garbage warning messages and having a GUI disk utility
pre-installed for occasional use?
I hope not.

Thanks.

--