Re: Wheezy/Xfce Gnome keyring problem

On Tue 31 Dec 2013 at 09:11:26 -0700, Paul E Condon wrote:

> root@big:~# aptitude why libgnome-keyring0
> i   gnome-disk-utility Depends libgnome-keyring0 (>= 2.22)
>
> I think I use disk-utility when formatting new disks to extN from
> Windows whatever. Does this indicate that I must choose between
> removing garbage warning messages and having a GUI disk utility
> pre-installed for occasional use?
> I hope not.

Presumably the "netinst CD that is advertised as being specifically for
installing Xfce" is this one:

   http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/7.3.0/i386/iso-cd/debian-7.3.0-i386-xfce-CD-1.iso

The list of packages on it is at

   http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/7.3.0/i386/list-cd/debian-7.3.0-i386-xfce-CD-1.list.gz

It does not include gnome-disk-utility, so you could not have removed
it. Also, the number of GNOME related packages appears to very small.
You could try installing what you removed.

Anyway - you installed nothing more after installing the CD contents?