Re: about MS email retrieve

On Lu, 25 nov 13, 21:00:08, lina wrote:

> I think I have problem installing it. How do you install it?
>
> Unpacking davmail (from davmail_4.4.0-2198-1_all.deb) ...
> dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of davmail:
>  davmail depends on libswt-gtk-3-java | libswt-gtk-3.6-java |
> libswt-gtk-3.5-java | libswt-gtk-3.4-java; however:
>   Package libswt-gtk-3-java is not installed.
>   Package libswt-gtk-3.6-java is not installed.
>   Package libswt-gtk-3.5-java is not installed.
>   Package libswt-gtk-3.4-java is not installed.
>
> dpkg: error processing davmail (--install):
>  dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
> Processing triggers for gnome-menus ...
> Processing triggers for desktop-file-utils ...
>  davmail

This looks like you tried to install the package with 'dpkg -i'...

> root@debian:/home/lina/Desktop# aptitude install libswt-gtk-3-java
> libswt-gtk-3.6-java libswt-gtk-3.5-java libswt-gtk-3.4-java
> No candidate version found for libswt-gtk-3.6-java
> No candidate version found for libswt-gtk-3.5-java
> No candidate version found for libswt-gtk-3.4-java
> No candidate version found for libswt-gtk-3.6-java
> No candidate version found for libswt-gtk-3.5-java
> No candidate version found for libswt-gtk-3.4-java
>   libswt-gtk-3-java
> The following partially installed packages will be configured:
>   davmail
> 0 packages upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
> Need to get 1,639 kB of archives. After unpacking 1,783 kB will be used.
> Get: 1 http://ftp.jp.debian.org/debian/ wheezy/main libswt-gtk-3-java
> amd64 3.8.0~rc4-1 [1,639 kB]
> Fetched 1,639 kB in 10s (160 kB/s)
>
> Selecting previously unselected package libswt-gtk-3-java.
> (Reading database ... 411381 files and directories currently installed.)
> Unpacking libswt-gtk-3-java (from
> .../libswt-gtk-3-java_3.8.0~rc4-1_amd64.deb) ...
> Setting up libswt-gtk-3-java (3.8.0~rc4-1) ...
> Setting up davmail (4.4.0-2198-1) ...
>
> Current status: 0 broken [-1].

... which seems to have succeeded here. Use 'dpkg -l davmail' to check.

For future reference, whenever you need to manually install packages
with 'dpkg -i' and it fails due to unfulfilled dependencies you should
follow-up with 'apt-get install -f' (no package). APT should then
determine which other packages are needed to satisfy the dependencies
and install them (assuming they are available from your repositories).

This also has the benefit that packages installed as dependencies are
marked as such (automatically installed). In your specific case you
might want to follow-up with 'apt-mark auto libswt-gtk-3-java'.

Kind regards,
Andrei