Re: about MS email retrieve

On Sun, Nov 24, 2013 at 10:56:27AM +0800, lina wrote:
> I have JDK and JRE installed, just a bit hesitated to switch to davmail
> since I have been using icedove from beginning and it has been really
> long already.

IIRC you would not need to switch from icedove because davmail is not a
MUA. It provides a local IMAP server which gateways onto the Exchange
server (talking WebDAV in the background). You would install davmail,
configure it, and then configure icedove to talk to your local machine
via IMAP.

> Please be advised our email accounts do not run on pop3/imap/smtp. It is
> on Microsoft Exchange, so you can only use email clients which has
> support for Microsoft Exchange, such as Microsoft Outlook.

Microsoft Exchange can talk POP/IMAP if the admins turn it on. Their
reply suggests they are unwilling to do so however. (And Exchange is
not a great IMAP server, anyway. The packaged versions of offlineimap
struggle with it, more recent git commits mostly work but it's still
iffy.)