Re: about MS email retrieve

> IIRC you would not need to switch from icedove because davmail is not a
> MUA. It provides a local IMAP server which gateways onto the Exchange
> server (talking WebDAV in the background). You would install davmail,
> configure it, and then configure icedove to talk to your local machine
> via IMAP.

I think I have problem installing it. How do you install it?

Unpacking davmail (from davmail_4.4.0-2198-1_all.deb) ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of davmail:
 davmail depends on libswt-gtk-3-java | libswt-gtk-3.6-java |
libswt-gtk-3.5-java | libswt-gtk-3.4-java; however:
  Package libswt-gtk-3-java is not installed.
  Package libswt-gtk-3.6-java is not installed.
  Package libswt-gtk-3.5-java is not installed.
  Package libswt-gtk-3.4-java is not installed.

dpkg: error processing davmail (--install):
Processing triggers for gnome-menus ...
Processing triggers for desktop-file-utils ...
 davmail
root@debian:/home/lina/Desktop# aptitude install libswt-gtk-3-java
libswt-gtk-3.6-java libswt-gtk-3.5-java libswt-gtk-3.4-java
No candidate version found for libswt-gtk-3.6-java
No candidate version found for libswt-gtk-3.5-java
No candidate version found for libswt-gtk-3.4-java
No candidate version found for libswt-gtk-3.6-java
No candidate version found for libswt-gtk-3.5-java
No candidate version found for libswt-gtk-3.4-java
  libswt-gtk-3-java
The following partially installed packages will be configured:
  davmail
0 packages upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 1,639 kB of archives. After unpacking 1,783 kB will be used.
Get: 1 http://ftp.jp.debian.org/debian/ wheezy/main libswt-gtk-3-java
amd64 3.8.0~rc4-1 [1,639 kB]
Fetched 1,639 kB in 10s (160 kB/s)

Selecting previously unselected package libswt-gtk-3-java.
(Reading database ... 411381 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking libswt-gtk-3-java (from
.../libswt-gtk-3-java_3.8.0~rc4-1_amd64.deb) ...
Setting up libswt-gtk-3-java (3.8.0~rc4-1) ...
Setting up davmail (4.4.0-2198-1) ...

Current status: 0 broken [-1].

>> Please be advised our email accounts do not run on pop3/imap/smtp. It is
>> on Microsoft Exchange, so you can only use email clients which has
>> support for Microsoft Exchange, such as Microsoft Outlook.
>
> Microsoft Exchange can talk POP/IMAP if the admins turn it on. Their
> reply suggests they are unwilling to do so however. (And Exchange is

You are right, here they outsource the IT service.