Re: about MS email retrieve

 > What I do at work is use davmail (http://davmail.sourceforge.net). There
> is a debian package, and is needs that java is installed.

I have JDK and JRE installed, just a bit hesitated to switch to davmail
since I have been using icedove from beginning and it has been really
long already.

> Works fine with a exchange 2010 server through the webservice. Let's
> hope your mail admin allows the DAV/Webservice connection.

Here is the reply I received days ago from our IT.

"
Please be advised our email accounts do not run on pop3/imap/smtp. It is
on Microsoft Exchange, so you can only use email clients which has
support for Microsoft Exchange, such as Microsoft Outlook.
"

>> I wonder, how can they update and connect these in one big database?
>
> It's called a user databas used for authentication of all services. In a
> free world you would do this with a LDAP server, in MS world it is done
> with Active Directory (based on LDAP among other things).

So intelligent.

Thanks,