Re: about MS email retrieve

Le 23/11/2013 16:22, lina a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> My work email is Microsoft exchange one. It seems that the Microsoft
> exchange can be accessed either via outlook or webpage.
>
> I use icedove, currently has the ExQuilla plugin to retrieve email, but
> seems ExQuilla going to expire.
>
> So I wonder, how can I retrieve this email?

What I do at work is use davmail (http://davmail.sourceforge.net). There
is a debian package, and is needs that java is installed.

Works fine with a exchange 2010 server through the webservice. Let's
hope your mail admin allows the DAV/Webservice connection.

It also works for calendar with lightning and the caldav definition of
calendar.

> what is interesting is that, we share the same account (username as well
> as password) in all servers, such as for the login of windows, for the
> HPC, for the email, even wireless connection.
> I wonder, how can they update and connect these in one big database?

It's called a user databas used for authentication of all services. In a
free world you would do this with a LDAP server, in MS world it is done
with Active Directory (based on LDAP among other things).