Re: Toshiba Satellite C50d/A00L laptop, can't install Debian - any version......

On Wed, 20 Nov 2013 20:46:30 +0100 Carlo sent:

> first of all, I would try to check in your router configuration if
> DCHP is ENABLED.

I have tried it through an Ethernet cable direct to the ADSL2 modem,
through wireless over ADSL2 modem. This system runs 7 windows 7
computers without error, and I manage that network.

Also, at home, Ethernet cable direct to the satellite modem, and
wireless over the satellite modem. That runs one computer and an
android tablet without error, though slowly due to the satellite
inhibitions. I also manage that network.

The installer can't connect to any of these if it doesn't find the
Ethernet or wireless card in the laptop? At least I don't think it can,
and I can't see how it could? I might be missing something obvious
which can happen?

Be well,
Charlie
    --
	Registered Linux User:- 329524

	Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. Security does not
	exist in nature, nor do children of men as a whole experience
	it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than exposure.
	-----Helen Keller