Toshiba Satellite C50d/A00L laptop, can't install Debian - any version......

Trying to install Debian on this lappy and keep hitting a brick wall.

The same message with the Jessie or Wheezy netinstall iso or the
first Install DVD of Jessie or Wheezy:

"No kernel modules were found. This probably is due to a mismatch
between the kernel used by this version of the installer and the
kernel version in the archive."

Then I continue because this can be rectified once a mirror has been
chosen and there is no Ethernet card found, and there is no wireless
option when looking for network hardware?

So that's the brick wall. I have the installer search a USB stick that
has every kind of realtek and every other driver I can find, but no joy.

I have tried it with different wireless dongles which aren't even
recognised. Just no Ethernet, never wireless.

I also get the error message:

The Ethernet device is RTL8101E/RTL8102E Fast Internet controller.

The wireless device is Device 8179 9 (rev 01)

I even rang Toshiba but they told me they didn't support Linux and
couldn't point me to any drivers. Yet I read on the net during my
drilling down looking for drivers, that someone had emailed Toshiba and
they had emailed him drivers for his Ethernet card. No joy there for
me. Can't even find their email address.

Just on the off chance, has anyone had any success with installing
Debian on this machine?

Ubuntu 10 live runs on it but doesn't recognise the network cards
either. [laughing]

I recall reading a blog of a Debian developer/programmer some years ago
writing that he wondered why he stayed with Linux, when it was all such
a struggle, when in windows it all just works. I can identify with that
at the moment.

Though to be fair, In the past I have just bought a laptop, formatted
the hard drive and install one or another flavour of current Debian of
the time without any worries. :-)

Maybe it's time I get accustomed to working with windows?

At the moment it's all interesting, but that's been for the last 5
days, it will soon wear off I think.

Anyway, just in case anyone has one of these laptops working.

TIA
Charlie
    --
	Registered Linux User:- 329524

	All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is
	called a philosopher. --Ambrose Bierce