Re: Remote xboard without Desktop Environment

>> Flik is the ICS (internet chess server, or xboard server), not a client.
>
> Ah, OK. So Flik rather than Lizard is the server. I think I
> misunderstood there. In that case you want to make Lizard the client.
>
> Hmm. I don't know of a program like screen that works for X connections
> (i.e. allows you to detach and reattach them). There are, however,
> programs that will run the client on a virtual display and you can then
> view that display on Fox. For that, look at a VNC or RDP server. Here,
> the basic workflow would be similar to screen; you start a VNC or RDP
> server on lizard, you connect a viewer program on fox to the display on
> lizard, you start xboard on the virtual display, you can then disconnect
> and reconnect to that virtual display.

Hi Paul (is it Paul, isnt it? Or Darac?), hi guys,

Yes, Lizard is a client. It connect to Flik (ICS) with its own login,
and play games like other players do.

About this last suggestion, I was kind of thinking on it, but...

I thought VNC (or RDP for that matter) would only let me "see" the
other computer "as if" it was local. In that case, Lizard would need a
DE anyway, isnt it?

Thanks,
Beco.

--
Dr Beco
A.I. researcher

"For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by
doing them" (Aristotle)