Re: testing wants to install systemd

On Wed 20 Nov 2013 at 16:33:08 +0000, Jonathan Dowland wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 03:30:05PM +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> > I've got doubts that it would be different on this list, however, we
> > perhaps should continue at
> > http://lists.alioth.debian.org/mailman/listinfo/d-community-offtopic .
>
> But it's perfectly on topic.

In what way does such an extended discussion "perfectly" answer the OP's
question, especially when some of the responses imply bad faith on the
part of the OP and a developer of some linux software? Mails such as
those do not reflect well on the purpose or status of -user.

Up to now there are some thirty-seven posts in the thread. A mere
handful have (mostly correctly) attempted to identify the cause of the
OP's concerns; these contributions are a triumph for the concept of user
help on a mailing list.

Having taken the thread away from its original purpose in the third
post, the proposal to continue it at d-community-offtopic is amusing and
futile.