Re: message formatting [was Wheezy/XFCE/VNC}

Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> Averaged computer users very often replace the subject and body of a
> message, IOW they only keep the address to write a new mail. They aren't
> aware, that they keep some magic note that is hidden in a magical
> header. I suspect that Gmail doesn't support it for good reasons.

They do so many other heavy handed things it would be easy if they
stripped out the In-Reply-To and References headers if someone
completely changed the subject to something different.  Still
incorrect but at least less annoying.

> Mails sorted by thread for the averaged Gmail user would cause much
> confusion and claims that Gmail should be buggy. They likely try to
> protect users against confusion and Gmail against a bad reputation
> for the masses. I don't know Gmail myself, but it sounds like it's
> perfectly pimped out for the masses.

You are very likely correct considering how popular it is with the
masses.

Bob