Re: who uses dual boot? [was: How to start using a free OS]

On Wed, 2013-11-13 at 17:10 -0600, John Hasler wrote:
> Chris Bannister writes:
> > I don't see how not having an OS stops you surviving.
>
> Or how not having a copy of Microsoft Windows stops you from having an
> OS.  I'm able to live without it.

I already mentioned that you can't make an electronic tax declaration,
you can't read ID cards and perhaps all kinds of other public
authorities stuff in Germany without a proprietary OS. There are other
reasons too.

Sure, we don't need any OS to survive, we could live without computers,
in times when even Amish goods are sold by the Internet.

"The Mission of Amish.Net The Company is to manage Amish.Net The Website
as a one stop Portal for anyone in the world to obtain information about
the Amish, to purchase Amish Made goods and/or to arrange tourism
services in America’s Amish Country, all from the convenience of their
home or business, via The Net. More than 50% of America’s households are
now wired for the Net and Asia and Europe are growing at a fast rate.
People worldwide are increasingly using the Net to buy goods and
services and make travel arrangements and find and book accommodations.
These are sophisticated people who use the Net to seek out unique and
new kinds of products and search for new adventures in places that
they’ve not visited before, right here at Amish.Net!" -
http://www.amish.net/about.asp

http://www.amishshop.com/