Re: Configuring multiple IP addresses on VLAN interface using ifupdown

Bonno Bloksma <b.bloksma@tio.nl> wrote:
> I routinely add or remove ip addresses from an interface without having
> to bring the physical interface up or down.

Me too. (Well, not routinely, but quite comfortably. It's very convenient
when needing to talk to a new device that's got a default initial address
on a completely different subnet.)

> iface eth0 inet static
>        [...]
>        up ip addr add 217.114.99.206/27 broadcast 217.114.99.223 dev eth0

I have very similar lines in my interfaces file :-)

Regards,
Chris