Re: Configuring multiple IP addresses on VLAN interface using ifupdown

On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 12:57 PM, Steffen Dettmer
<steffen.dettmer@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd like to configure multiple IP addresses to a VLAN tagged interface. I tried
>
> auto eth3.107
>   iface eth3.77 inet static
>   address 10.0.5.15
>   netmask 255.255.255.0
>   iface eth3.77 inet static
>   address 10.0.5.16
>   netmask 255.255.255.0
>
> but I get an error message that ifup tries to configure the VLAN
> interface twice, but the addresses are set.
>
> When I remove the second "iface eth3.77 inet static" line, which
> should be correct according to my understanding of "man interfaces",
> where it is not forbidding to pass multiple "address" directives in a
> stanza, I get an error about unexpected "address" line and the
> addresses are not set.

I assume that you mean "auto eth3.77" not "auto eth3.107".

Otherwise

auto eth3.107

iface eth3.77 inet static
address 10.0.5.15
netmask 255.255.255.0

iface eth3.77 inet static
address 10.0.5.16
netmask 255.255.255.0

works for me in the form of

allow-auto eth0.9

iface eth0.9 inet static
address 192.168.1.119
netmask 255.255.255.0
gateway 192.168.1.1

iface eth0.9 inet static
address 192.168.1.199
netmask 255.255.255.0

You definitely need an "iface eth0.9 inet static" for each ip address
assignment.