Re: Debian Wheezy - HP Pavilion dm1

On Sun, 2013-10-20 at 17:43 -0400, Sureyya Sahin wrote:
> I have one more question: Since I removed gvfs and Thunar is somewhat
> not functional, I am considering to replace it completely with PcManFM
> from lxde. Would it be possible to mount usb devices using pcmanfm? And
> would pcmanfm bring any advantage over Thunar in this configuration?

Hi, I don't know all software for Linux, however, you could install gvfs
and test if something else does cause the click noise. GVFS likely isn't
the culprit, since GVFS for Debian likely does behave the same way it
does for Suse. However, you need to start somewhere with the method of
elimination. Start with something else. Perhaps somebody does know a
better method for trouble shooting.