Re: Debian Wheezy - HP Pavilion dm1

On Sun, 2013-10-20 at 13:06 -0400, Sureyya Sahin wrote:
> After I removed gvfs, I realize my trash icon from my desktop and thunar
> are gone. Is there any way that I can get it back?

No, trash needs gvfs, even a dummy package won't bring it back. Thunar
shouldn't depend to gvfs.

http://packages.debian.org/wheezy/thunar

It's only recommended, not a hard dependency. Assumed you removed it,
install it without the recommended gvfs.

If there was a "special" icon on the desktop for Thunar that depended to
gvfs, then add a normal link if you want to have it on your desktop.

ln -s /usr/bin/Thunar ~/Desktop/Thunar

Thunar still should be available by the menu, with or without the link
on the desktop.