Re: reinstalling Nginx & others usin apt from command line

Le 10.10.2013 20:20, Brad Rogers a écrit :
On Thu, 10 Oct 2013 10:54:57 -0700
Gregory Nowak <greg@gregn.net> wrote:

Hello Gregory,

"purge
          purge is identical to remove except that packages are
          removed and
          purged (any configuration files are deleted too)."

As has been said, the man page is imprecise.

I wonder if that could justify a bug report? Speaking about that, I have no idea about what exactly does the reinstall option: simply remove and then install, or purge and then install? If, as I think, it's the first option, what is the use for that, since packages should not lose files magically?