Re: reinstalling Nginx & others usin apt from command line

On Thu, 10 Oct 2013 10:09:27 -0700
Gregory Nowak <greg@gregn.net> wrote:

Hello Gregory,

>then completely gone from your system, configs and all. When you
>install package_name again it will be installed fresh as if it had
>never been installed on the system before. HTH.

Not entirely true;  Any package that has configuration files/directories
in user space will have those left even after an apt-get(1) purge.  So,
to be sure, one has to delete those as well.

Without detailed info about all the packages John wishes to re-install,
it's impossible to say which, if any, may have user space configs.

(1)  Or other package manager tool.

--
 Regards  _
Buy some love at the five and dime