RE: kernel compilation (was ... Re: Building computer)

On 29 September 2013 02:41, Chris Bannister <cbannister@slingshot.co.nz> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 11:57:43PM -0300, Beco wrote:
> > On 26 September 2013 22:22, Tom H <tomh0665@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > > (I've compiled a kernel on a netbook; you'd better have a few hours to
> > > spare...)
> > >

> > Questions for people who compile kernel and their machines:
>
> You are better off starting a new thread. You could create a subtopic by
> changing the subject.
>
> Now unfortunately, information about compiling a kernel is "buried" in
> a thread about building a computer. :(

>From the thread Building computer, I've asked:

> On Thu, 2013-09-26 at 23:57 -0300, Beco wrote:
> > How long a "considered fast" kernel compilation would last? I'd like
> > to have a clue. And in what kind of computer (processor / RAM /
> > anything else relevant)?

And I got some good answers that is better to join this thread:

Just to "dig" it:

Answer from Ralf:

>From Stan:

>From Johnatan:

>From Tom:

>From Stephen:

>From Stan:

Also, the thread

Building a computer for compiling and CPU emulation (Re: Building computer)

Started by Joel Rees now looks like a duplicate. Please, join here.

Thanks.
Beco.

--
Dr Beco
A.I. researcher

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." (H. Jackson Brown Jr.)