Re: Broken threads and missing quotations

Ah, a fellow vim user!

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 07:54:30PM -0700, Robert Holtzman wrote:
> I have my ~/.muttrc as followqs:
>
> set editor="vim +':set textwidth=72'"

Does vi(m) correctly detect the filetype of emails as 'mail'? I added
the following to ~/.vimrc

    au BufRead,BufNewFile /tmp/mutt-* set filetype=mail

In theory, I should be able to set mail preferences now in
~/.vim/ftplugin/mail.vim, and that would be the place to put tw=72,
but for whatever reason it isn't working, so I've compromised with

    au BufRead,BufNewFile /tmp/mutt-* set filetype=mail tw=72

Which is not ideal, but preferable (to me) to forcing mutt to pass
arguments to vim.

> which works for my posts but I still get posts that contain lines
> that run 100+ characters all on one line.

Use the sequence 'gqap' over a quoted paragraph to automatically wrap
it to honour your current textwidth setting. I regularly re-wrap text
that I'm quoting from others.