Re: Broken threads and missing quotations

On 9/23/13, Chris Bannister <cbannister@slingshot.co.nz> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 09:46:51AM +1000, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
>> On 9/23/13, Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > _Please_ people.  The idea is that we should help each other and that
>> > that
>> > help should be available in the archive for searchers to find.  We need
>> > be
>> > both legible and comprehensible.
>>
>> I agree.
>>
>> > --
>> > Archive:
>> > [🔎] 201309221901.55296.lisi.reisz@gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/[🔎] 201309221901.55296.lisi.reisz@gmail.com
>
> And yet ... you quote the signature. Why?

Did you read my subsequent lines? I quoted the default MList sig (yes
I "quote[d] the signature"), then I said:

"
Perhaps another line could be added to the defaul MList sig, eg:

"DO NOT TOP POST - Please quote (only) enough context - Please avoid
breaking threads, new thread per topic. Refer netiquette.tld"

or something...
"

I could have been clearer with extra quote chars I guess ... anyway,
probably I'm spending unnecessary airwaves now. Apologies.

Peace,
Zenaan